Gone Fishing

There is a well known Chinese Proverb that says “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”

My intention in business (and I guess in life generally) is to remind people that they already own a fishing rod, already use it, know how to fish and are already feeding themselves. (Because I am reminding myself first and foremost)

My birth myth was to behave, keep quiet, keep ME locked away to as not to annoy anyone and look after those around me so they feel better. Ta Da!!! A perfect match for being a Business Coach! A perfect match for being an Agent! A perfect match for being a Facilitator!

I see the gods within others and make everything about them so they feel better. Then if they feel better, I feel as if I have achieved my purpose. However my purpose is all about my own gold which I have kept from everyone in order to maintain the focus on THEM. I get to AVOID my purpose by supposedly reminding others of theirs.

I'm driven to build a business as this is how I show that I'm NOT like the person who locked me away originally. However I have always worked in partnership with another to ensure I continually serve THEM and deny myself therefore keeping the perceived source in the locked room with me at all times. Then when I ask to be served and am not because as a master creator I set it up this way, I get to play the Holy Trinity Game with me starring as the Victim. In every situation I serve clients, partners, staff and children by putting them first and me last thereby perpetuating this myth ad nauseum. The crimes I accuse others of are the very ones I have created.

Being depressed (which is suppressed anger about an unmanifest fantasy) indicates that my greatness is pushing me to surrender and transform. I've been clinging onto this myth tighter recently because it’s becoming more and more obvious that its time to let go.

When we feel unloved and invalidated by a parent, we create strategies to continue to recreate this in every environment and situation. We create scenarios where men and women want to love us enough so that we feel it.

But heres the thing – we never do and so this creates an external motivation of sorts for people to stay in our lives.

The five year old in us that feels inadequate in every way runs our businesses, parents our children and directs our lives. Our five year old needs protecting from being bullied by our fathers and therefore being saved continually by our mothers. This child will always resent those who love us as they remind us that we feel like there is something wrong with us in the first place.

In our mothers we see strength as compared to our perception of our own weakness. So we ask for assistance, utilize the strength of the one offering to serve us and then express anger and hate them for doing what we precisely asked for originally.

We certainly are master creators.

Yes my perception of a specific person in my life fired the motivation for that strategy judgment above however I can see that I have employed that same strategy too.

Every situation, person, transaction and experience I come across is used by me as inspiration or motivation for my creative expression or enterprise training. I have become an expert at effective resource management. Every single one of us is the same and expresses it in our own value systems filtered by our perceptions stemming from the myths we make up about ourselves. The hierarchy of our values is expressed in a particular unit of exchange and THIS ultimately becomes the COST of maintaining these illusions.

History shows countless examples of the male lineage of business expressed in a variety of ways – the danger, crime, bankruptcy, fraudulent battles in the war of business. Traditionally men are driven to build a business at any cost as this is how to show their fathers that they are worthy men. However moreoften than not, women provide the administrative and/or emotional as staff or partners support thereby perpetuating the above cycle. The crimes we accuse others of are the very ones we have created.

Expressing anger is an indication that your greatness is pushing you to surrender and transform. In response we cling onto this myth tighter because it’s becoming more and more obvious that its time to let go.

We enter the Desert and ponder allowing the wind to absorb us or resist and challenge our transformation. I know that every single one of us can relate to BOTH myths and others. We are all the same. Our perceptions see us as separate yet we embrace ALL these traits in our lives for benefits at different times driven by the perceived voids and filtered by our own mythologies.

So this little drama starring (Actor 1) and (Actor 2) was a creation specifically designed for entertainment, education and transformation end results.

I hope you buy plenty of popcorn and find a comfortable seat because this will continue forever. The only thing that will change will be the words, circumstances, environment and the faces.

Or you can just go fishing instead!