It is Fate!

How often have we said - OMG It's fate!!! You and I are soooo meant to be together - look we both have two arms and two legs - we have sooo much in common.

Well, I have been "fated" and "destined" and found my "soul mate" and now looking back I cannot help but guffaw at my silliness.

Yet the "story" was delicious and intoxicating. We all like to eat delcious food don't we? If there is nothing wrong with eating a juicy sweet strawberry there is nothing wrong with sitting in a gorgeous little story and enjoying it's flavour. :-)

"I was at an outdoor concert – surrounded by tall sugar cane that ebbed and flowed with the dry summer breeze like a giant green ocean. The audience were seated in circles around a small stage. Row by row, tightly packed white iron laced seats were filled with a sea of unfamiliar faces. I was seated in the front row – flanked by my mother and my father – it was me at 5 years of age. Swinging my legs back and forth in boredom as my parents argued, I could feel their rage bubbling up and bleeding across me towards each other – so I was being hit in the crossfire. The more it hurt, the higher I swung my legs.

All of a sudden, a hush descended over the crowd and my mother smacked my legs into submission and my father threatened me to behave as the star performer was about to begin.

It was Man C.

Dressed in white coat tails, he glistened in the sunshine and blinded me temporarily. Not a sound was made other than his violin as he mesmerised the crowd. He walked around the circle performing and playing until he reached my seat and stood directly in front of me with his knees touching mine. (Probably to ensure my legs didn’t start swinging again) He looked me directly in the eye and said “Stay with Me” “Don’t listen to them, just focus on me. They’re not even really here. You are Safe.” I looked from side to side at each of my parents and they were entranced with his music like everyone else and didn’t seem to notice that he were speaking to me. He nudged me with his violin and said “Hey - Don’t look away. Stay with Me. Just focus here. Don’t forget this.”

As I looked into his eyes and focused, my five year old self morphed into a grown 36 year old woman yet my parents stayed the same age.

The concert finished and he walked over to me holding a small baby boy. On my lap was a small baby girl holding my focus and keeping me well distracted and busy feeding and entertaining her. He asked me if I could hold his baby while he performed in his next set. I felt indignant that he would ask me such a thing seeing as I was already busy looking after my own baby so I declined.

He walked away in anger and I woke up from my dream.”

Destiny? Fate? I could very easily say that yes this dream came true to a certain extent. Was it a dream? Did it really come true? Or is this just another story?