What is REAL?

When Pinnochio shares his wish to finally become a "real" boy, how many of us share his sentiment?

I want to be real.

I want ........and then we list all these conditions associated with being "real".

Where do these conditions originate and how do we learn to classify them as "real" as compared to the "story" we live in right now?

I'm sitting at a Breakthrough Experience, listening to Dr John F Demartini speak and I have enormous goose bumps. I can "feel" someone important to me, "sitting beside me" in the room at the very moment.

Now either I had some lovely little mushrooms for breakfast that day or I was creating a diversion and distraction or I am going stark raving mad or the part of me that he mirrors was alive at that moment. (I'm choosing box number four) :-)

I could feel him as part of my body - forming my spine, sharing my breath and as if his hands were holding my heart in place in my body. It felt beautiful - in fact I felt beautiful the entire weekend as a result.

I was listening to John speak and asking myself "Why does he inspire Infatuation and evoke Resentment?" Doh - you mean why do I (and everyone else) inspire Infatuation and evoke Resentment? John is such a wonderful mirror - live and loud - in your face, impossible to ignore and driven by such a powerful character. For the first time, I heard him describe the science of telling stories. Wow - thats the first time I have heard that - yet I'm sure he's used that language before. It is only now that I hear those particular words.

My questions though - is a story merely an awareness or is it Will? What is Will anyway? Apart from the teacher character in the TV series GLEE, is there a "real" Will or are we driven by so many layers of stories that we convince ourselves that we are building a new house yet in "reality" - whatever that is - we are merely moving the same furniture around in the same room?

Will is only what we brain f*ck ourselves into believing????? Ooh nows there a question.

Finite reality is a story that we identify with in attention, retention, decision, imagination, state of presence and intention.

Many PDs speak of "the Gratitude Effect". However is it possible that at times gratitude for a story forms an attachment of sorts? Can gratitude be an observation of a story without judgement?

Ooh entering into a mine field here.......

OK so what is the story that my body tells everytime I facilitate a BTE? What is the plot, character, script and who is directing it? Blood = Life = Feminine = Flow = Surrender = Energy = Essence. The particles that make me up store information that is skewed to one side or another and it is this perhaps that impedes the flow in my life hence the physical "expressions" when I facilitate?

No answer - simply observations at this point.

So part of the human story is to see evolution progression which forms part of the universal story?

Ah now I am getting somewhere. The someone that I feel with me throughout the entire Breakthrough Experience weekend event truly charges me - positive and negative. Yet his feedback (so to speak) has assisted me to identify where I hold the fantasy and where the corresponding fantasy fear has been a valuable tactical weapon that I use to keep myself in a story that serves me. Do I do the same for him? I have no idea. As intelligent as I believe I am, I can see such a density regarding my perceptions of others in my life.

For example - I was besotted and infatuated with a man who I declared to be the absolute perfect man for me. He sat on a pedestal of my making for the past two years. We had one of our great conversations 3 weeks ago and I remember going for my evening run afterwards and thinking that he was the most wonderful gorgeous man with I had ever met. Within one week of me making this declaration to myself, he did a complete 180 and equally showed me his most hideous flawed self. It was perfect timing as it enabled me to dissolve my infatuation with him in time to renegotiate our companies agreements.

But I recognise that I was dense when it came to my perception about him the entire time. Therefore I do not trust myself in my ascertations regarding the opinions of others. Geez.......I miss so much sometimes.

Ah ha - oh boy - this is a great observation. One story of mine is a tendency to cleave to a fantasy (or nightmare) I have about someone or something meaning I miss out on seeing the whole picture and do not necessarily process vital information in my transactions with them. Being open and attracted to something makes us prey and being challenged by something provides the opportunity for us to take measures for self protection to enable us to be predators. This is a mirror of the Universal Story - animals give us the greatest data in this regard.

This all boils down once again to holding certainty and holding self value regardless of the outcome or the environment or the circumstances - regarding the story.

Therefore what is "real"is what I identiy as holding value for me.